How to burn a DVD??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mjh

Contributor
Reaction score
Ok now that I have some pictures worth showing I am having a DVD burner added to the home computer. I am looking for software that I can make a slideshow w/music, and ability to fade pictures in and out. Anyone have any suggestions?

Someone had a link to a guy who had a great slide show at his website. If you remember that show it is exactly what I want to do.

PS: really don’t want to spend +$300

Should have bought a mac...it's standard software on all models...import the photos...click "slideshow" and burn...:D

there are lots of media out there that is cheap will do all you wanting to do adobe has some roxio has some microsoft has some your choice all under $100

Don't spend 300 bucks. Give that to me. I'll burn your disc, and you can just put your soda back in that cup holder of yours :)

Make a big fire, and throw the DVD into it.............viola, Burned DVD.

ShakaZulu:
Make a big fire, and throw the DVD into it.............viola, Burned DVD.

Are you sure about that ? Those new materials seem pretty tough. Probably plastic will be burned but what about metal layer ? :eyebrow:

Power Point is an awesome program to make slide shows and it doesn't cost a ton. It's so easy to work and it has cool animations, I've made a ton of slide shows for different projects.

scuba chick 55-- powerpoint is a good program for making/viewing slide show for general presentations but the problem you run in to is that some people dont have PP and then cant view the slide show.

personally for me i use flash to build a presentation since i can build in a full music score and have intresting transistions from image to image. it requires alot of work but its fun to work with as the more i work with it the better everything looks. then finally i can publish it in just about any form and i can compile it to run on any type of system with the built in publisher within flash

there are several programs online that will allow you to build slide shows by thems selves or with a little work (not like whats required for flash). but look online for a program called photo show pro or something along those lines and this program should come up.

for DVD software you have a limted set of choices (either roxio, or Nero, i havent heard of the adobe choice someone have some info on that). but the ones i like and currently using is Nero 6 Ultra Edition and with a pending update you are able to burn with the new dual layer disks. like any program it has its quicks but since gettting it i havent had many coasters (IE bad burns). Nero Ultra is around a 100 depending on where you get it, i think i got it for around 80 with rebates.

FWIW

Tooth

You may want to look at the aptly named Digital Photo Slide Show. The program creates the slide show to your specifications, then you burn it using any burning software. One great thing about the software is that it preserves the original files, so you can edit/print/modify directly from the DVD.

60 day trial at http://www.digitalphotoslideshow.com/index.htm

Thanks for all the great options. Looking for something you can play with the "Transitions" and set to music. I think we have PP on the home computer (in the shop getting de-bugged, I HATE HACKERS!) Can you do "custom" things w/PP?

Back
Top Bottom