underwater digital ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jonahfab

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
ok here comes a stupid question, but I want to make sure I got the money going to the right people. Just made my first purchase from underwater digital online, and have just recieved my conformation email. Now I'm kind of stuck with how to pay them. It doesn't seem like I will be able to use paypal, is this correct. Do I need to just call Japan with credit card info? thanks for the help.

jonahfab:
ok here comes a stupid question, but I want to make sure I got the money going to the right people. Just made my first purchase from underwater digital online, and have just recieved my conformation email. Now I'm kind of stuck with how to pay them. It doesn't seem like I will be able to use paypal, is this correct. Do I need to just call Japan with credit card info? thanks for the help.

I can't really help you in that regard, but I would like to mention a few words of caution. When buying from overseas from the US it is important to make sure you are getting a US warranty. For example, Nikon USA will not even touch a Nikon Japan product for service even if you are willing to pay them to do so inside or outside of the warranty period. I realize you have already made your purchase, but I thought it is worth mentioning.

Pay with a CC that warrantys purchases. Also they most likely call you and try to add on a bunch of upgrades you can get elsewhere cheaper. Case in point. I bought a 128 card for $99 then found a 512 at Costco for $80.

Yuzo takes paypal. That's what I use when I order from him. Very fast turn around.

bubble blower:
Yuzo takes paypal. That's what I use when I order from him. Very fast turn around.

When I use paypal how do I input the amount I went to send, do I put the amount in as yen or convert it to dollars?

input is as yen, paypal will do all the conversions for you. When you ordered on the web, it gave you a total in yen. Don't use that amount, wait for an email with the actual shipping (usually about half what the web page tacs on). The amount on the email is what you want to pay (will also be in yen).

bubble blower:
input is as yen, paypal will do all the conversions for you. When you ordered on the web, it gave you a total in yen. Don't use that amount, wait for an email with the actual shipping (usually about half what the web page tacs on). The amount on the email is what you want to pay (will also be in yen).

Finally got it all worked out and payed for, now I just need to patiently wait for it to arrive.(always the hardest part!)
thanks for the help.

Who is underwater digital? Is this some supplier I have never heard of? I am looking for a housing for my Canon A80 and would like to check them out, let me know if you have the web address. Also, I suggest that even with pay pal you use a credit card and not a bank transfer, it offers better protection should there be a problem receiving the item. You have to make this selection directly in pay pal, as it always seems to default to the funds transfer option.

jonahfab:

What kind of camera did you buy and where is these guys website. I am in the process of looking into buying an underwater digital camera and want to check all suppliers as I want to get the best bang for my buck too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom