Malibu 8-19 Night Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scottkl

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Anyone interested in heading out for a night dive on thursday the 19th? Was thinking around 9 ish either at Malibu Pier or Big Rock. Let me know.....
Also open to other dive site in that area those are just some of the ones I know best....

Scott

Big swell due in on the 17th. ON the 19th it is expected to start to drop off, but I imagine vis will be affected.

http://www.wetsand.com/wavecast/wc-...11C26AE57DF0F1A80D723F994E3B4754914BA4833B7A3

That said, I may be able to go. I am taking the wife out of town Tuesday and Wednesday for our 30th wedding anniversary so much will depend on how that goes. I may have "good husband" bonus points and be able to do an extra dive, or I may be on the "I'm a good husband staying at home with the wife to get off the couch duty. Will know Wednesday night.

I've never done a beach dive and my only night dive was during my AOW class, but it sounds like this could be my big chance to change that. I'm in.

Sounds good Pasley As always it will depend on conditions and weather. Hopefuly it will be a go. I will keep a watch on the swell's and we will see.

Scott

If the conditions look good, I'll join as well.

-David

Heading OOT Thursday AM - so anytime Mo, Tu or Wed are great. Heck, even Sunday night (tonight) would rock.

K

Would have loved to tonight but already have plans..... And from what I have been seeing and reading Thrusday night is not looking hot But if not then some night very very soon... I will keep monitoring and I am sure Pasley will as well and we will see for Thursday

Scott
Mo2vation:
Heading OOT Thursday AM - so anytime Mo, Tu or Wed are great. Heck, even Sunday night (tonight) would rock.

K

Scottkl:
Would have loved to tonight but already have plans..... And from what I have been seeing and reading Thrusday night is not looking hot But if not then some night very very soon... I will keep monitoring and I am sure Pasley will as well and we will see for Thursday

Scott

I know Arnaud is in for a dive this week, too. Maybe ChrisM will chime in.

Gotta hit it. I need to get back in the real water after all this warm water nonsense lately.

K

CHUD:
I've never done a beach dive and my only night dive was during my AOW class, but it sounds like this could be my big chance to change that. I'm in.
CHUD.
I would love to dive with you some time.
I would however recommend you do some beach dives before you do night beach dives. You can really get hammered by even a small wave if you do not have experience at it and at night it is harder to see the waves an time your entry. Given the predictions, we may be able to do this dive, but I expect we will be looking at 3-4 foot waves. Not what I would call a good introduction to beach diving. Don’t get me wrong, I am not trying to discourage you, I just want your first time to be a good time (and safe).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom