Seattle Diving???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba_frog

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am from the Chicago area and will be attending a conference in Seattle the end of October. Thinking about extending the trip a couple days to do some diving. Any recommendations/suggestions would be appreciated. I have been certified only a year so please take that into consideration when posting. Thanks in advance for those who reply. :froggy:

When you are new to the area one of the nice easy spots to dive where you'll see things is the Edmonds Underwater Park. It's located right next to the ferry dock in Edmonds. Dive shop within walking distance even. I don't live up there or I'd give you a little tour.

Can anybody give me info on Edmunds...can't seem to find a web site about it.

Thanks Al...never said I could spell.

You're very welcome. Enjoy your dives.

I would suggest Seacrest Park (aka Alki Cove 2)on Harbor Ave in West Seattle. If you enter it into Mapquest you should be able to find directions. Deeper that Edmonds and without the long surface swim and current to contend with, Seacrest is a good alternate.

I'd second Alki Cove 2 for someone coming into town. I was there on Saturday (8/21) doing a new-gear-check-out dive not expecting to see much. We ran into the resident giant octopus, a school of squid, and one enormous nudibranch among other things. All that and the best view of downtown Seattle when you walk into the water.

Well, UP I was going to suggest that or Keystone... but thats not exactly Seattle. If you have time maybe try both Alki and Edmonds, bot are great dive sites!

PM me if you have any questions, I'll try to help ya!

Kayla

If you go to Edmonds, stop at Underwater Sports which is just down the street to the south. They have a map of the park on the wall. They will also rent tanks and weights if you are not bringing them with you.

I have not been to Edmonds for a while so I dont remember if the map is still on the wall next to the rest rooms at the park.

Back
Top Bottom