Help saving .jpg in PS 6.01

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

marpacifica

Contributor
Reaction score
Once upon a time in Micronesia, but now bubbling i
# of dives
500 - 999
Ugh. Calling all computer literate scubaboarders! I just loaded PS 6/6.01 on my laptop and was experimenting with some photos. When it came time to save my work, I had only 3 choices of formats to save the file in: PSD, TIFF and RAW. Where did the JPEG option go? I had that plus a bunch more in PS 2.0.

I remember seeing this question sometime on this forum a few months ago but I can't seem to find it on a search. Help!

Thanks so much.

marpacifica:
Ugh. Calling all computer literate scubaboarders! I just loaded PS 6/6.01 on my laptop and was experimenting with some photos. When it came time to save my work, I had only 3 choices of formats to save the file in: PSD, TIFF and RAW. Where did the JPEG option go? I had that plus a bunch more in PS 2.0.

I remember seeing this question sometime on this forum a few months ago but I can't seem to find it on a search. Help!

Thanks so much.

You are likely editting in 16bit mode. You will need to adjust the image to 8-bit mode before you can save it in .jpg. You can do this normally in the 'image' menu under 'adjustments'.

This is pretty much standard if you are shooting RAW mode and are using RAW Convertor to convert to TIFF Format for editting.

M

Thanks, Marriard! That seems to have done the job. In Elements, a window popped up when I opend a file in 16-bit mode asking me if I wanted to convert to 8-bit mode. After choosing the conversion a few times, I just clicked the box that allowed the conversion each time I opened a 16-bit file.

PS 6.0 didn't have that pop-up so I thought the default I chose in Elements somehow carried over. I'm gonna have to spend some more time learning this new program.

Back
Top Bottom