Diving Social, gain experience, etc.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Travisc

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I should state that this started a thread in the Singles section and I decided it might be better to expand it to a larger audience. I would like to propose that we organize a get together to bring experienced and inexperienced divers together. A chance to learn new sites, meet new people, and just have fun. If your interested reply to the subject to show your interest and PM me with your email address.

I want to encourage new divers, or anyone that is interested in diving. Shore Support is always appreciated and with enough people there can be all kinds of fun.

I'll keep an eye on this thread. I just started checking scubaboard to get some local diver guidance while I traveled in So Cal, but now that I'm back home in Portland, I'll be watching out for OR Coast and Puget Sound dives to join up with...

JimD

Travisc:
A chance to learn new sites, meet new people, and just have fun. If your interested reply to the subject to show your interest and PM me with your email address.

If there isn't then I will move on to find other dive buddies.

You idea has great merit. Our dive shop here in Medford Oregon does a dive social the 3rd friday of each month. Usually we'll have a guest speaker who will talk for 30 minutes then we break for some eats and get to know each other. Newer divers and new to the area divers find this a great resource and us old timers love meeting new people.

Hope the plan works.

I would be interested to help out as well.

Let me know. You might also want to put this on the Northwwest Divers D2D Forum as well.

I would like to leave this to the group of individuals here, i am aware of the NWD2D forum, but would like to invite individuals from here.

Travis

Diver Mike:
I would be interested to help out as well.

Let me know. You might also want to put this on the Northwwest Divers D2D Forum as well.

We call them Scuba Safari's. All meet at a pre-determined spot and then the experienced divers take us up the coast and explain sites/locations. Eventually we will pick a spot and go dive it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom