Oly User Group Meeting

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OCdiving Deb

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hey all:

Our Olympus User Group will meet on August 30th.

Go to the:
UW photo section, then
Oly Outlet, and then the
So Cal Oly User Group for more info!

Sorry for the run around. My html links are temporarily disabled!

Debbie

A reminder about the next Olympus Meeting on Monday, August 30....

I need to RSVP to the restaurant with an approximate number of attendees so if you're thinking about it, please respond right away!! For more info go to the Oly Outlet link for our August meeting!

Thanks so much and I hope to see you there if you are an Oly Digital user!

Debbie

Debbie,

I am bringing an out-of-state guest to the meeting (I had no way to RSVP for her on the calendar). Please add her for the dinner count!

Jennifer

Not sure why I did it, but I followed the link to the calendar and saw my name listed as an attendee. I'd love to go, but not only don't I have an underwater camera, it's not even an Olympus.

Though if somebody wants to give me one.......

mccabejc:
Not sure why I did it, but I followed the link to the calendar and saw my name listed as an attendee. I'd love to go, but not only don't I have an underwater camera, it's not even an Olympus.

Jim,

If you RSVP'd by mistake, you can go back into the link and click on "I am no longer attending this event" and it will remove you from the list. Of course, you are welcome to join, I am pretty sure that there are no free cameras there, though!

mccabejc:

Jim,
While the majority of the group has the Oly 5050, not everyone that attends the meetings does, nor is it a requirement. In fact, I know of at least 1 person that comes that does not do any photography at all. I know that you're relatively new to diving, but if photography is something that you're interested in doing eventually, then I'd recommend coming, if you can, and just listening to what's said. It's a good group of people of all experience levels (believe me, I'm a true novice to underwater photography, and they allow me to ask all of my stupid questions), and a great way for us all to learn and socialize with each other.

Oh, as for your name being added - I noticed that with me, too. I went there the first day the event was on the calendar, and when it loaded, my name was already down as an attendee. I assumed it automatically adds you when you click on the link, and then if you don't want to be signed up, you can un-RSVP, or whatever it's called. Don't know for sure, but since it's happened to you, too, that's my best guess.

Thanks for the invite. But I know that as soon as I left the meeting I'd want to drive to the local dive shop and pick up an Oly 5060, then hit the beach with my gear and try it out. And after spending all those bucks on new gear in the last couple of months I'm trying to exercise some restraint.

You think another week is enough restraint?

I've been into photography my entire life, and sooner or later I'll be doing it underwater. Unfortunately they don't make a UW housing the new $1,000 digital camera I bought just before deciding to get into scuber.

DOH!!!

mccabejc:
Thanks for the invite. But I know that as soon as I left the meeting I'd want to drive to the local dive shop and pick up an Oly 5060, then hit the beach with my gear and try it out. And after spending all those bucks on new gear in the last couple of months I'm trying to exercise some restraint.

You think another week is enough restraint?

I've been into photography my entire life, and sooner or later I'll be doing it underwater. Unfortunately they don't make a UW housing the new $1,000 digital camera I bought just before deciding to get into scuber.

DOH!!!

Ouch! Yeah, that is too bad, but think of it this way: a 5060 and housing is less than what you spent on just the one camera. What a deal - that's like 2 for less than 1! I definitely think that a week is a lot of restraint - more than enough. How good am I for supporting bad habits? :)

Seriously, if you've always been into photography, then it's not going to be long before you want to start taking pictures while diving. I recommend you get a good # of dives under your belt before you do (I waited until I had about 70, and even then learning to dive with the camera was pretty task-loading), but it's good to meet with the group and discuss things now so that you'll be prepared and informed when you do make the decision and budget to go shopping.

saf_25:
I went there the first day the event was on the calendar, and when it loaded, my name was already down as an attendee. I assumed it automatically adds you when you click on the link, and then if you don't want to be signed up, you can un-RSVP, or whatever it's called. Don't know for sure, but since it's happened to you, too, that's my best guess.
Happened to me too! That has never happened before. I will contact tech admin about it. It could mess up our numbers!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom