Pt-016

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Michael Schlink

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
We are looking for a "red" filter for a PT-016 for an Olympus 400. Preferably an external (slip on ) similar to what is found on an Ikelite housing. Any ideas where we can go?? Thanks for any help

I tried a 46mm "red" filter from a local camera shop. IIRC, it was a "Red 2" filter, and the normal use was to increase contrast with black and white film. It was a total failure because it was way too much correction. The Stylus 400 also didn't have enough light to autofocus.

I've seen some underwater color correction filters for some other cameras. They were "pink", rather than red -- i.e. much less dense than a red filter.

Thanks for the advice, I set this up for my wife who has been "shooting" U/W for quite some time. Her latest digital set up was a Sony in an Ikelite housing and got great results. Trying to "lighten" her load and increase Megapixels we switched to the Oly with the Pt-16. I then added a Niterider HID dual light set up that works extremely well, except for wide angle and shallow hence the need for a color correction filter. I'll find something yet

Thanks for the URpro idea, I've been in contact with them. They have a 46mm thread in filter which is going to be the only option. I was hoping for something "slip on" much like what Ikelite uses but we're heading for Indo. in a couple of weeks so we're short on time. Thanks for the help.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom