Strobe Help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

andrea31419

Reaction score
"Sea & Sea YS 30 Duo no cord this strobe has been used as a slave only. $160"

This info was posted in the "Market" for sale. Can this be used with the PT-010 housing? And in what capacity. crdiver said he used it as a slave only.

Thx.

Andrea

andrea31419:
"Sea & Sea YS 30 Duo no cord this strobe has been used as a slave only. $160"

This info was posted in the "Market" for sale. Can this be used with the PT-010 housing? And in what capacity. crdiver said he used it as a slave only.

Thx.

Andrea

Being a slave strobe, it will be triggered by any other light source without the use of a sync cord or fiber optic cable. You can use it with the PT-10 if you don't cover the internal flash. HOWEVER....the YS30 isn't strong enough to be used as a primary strobe. It's normally used as a fill flash to eliminate or soften shadows. Since you'll have to use the internal flash to trigger it, that can't be covered which will still produce backscatter.

Dee:
Being a slave strobe, it will be triggered by any other light source without the use of a sync cord or fiber optic cable. You can use it with the PT-10 if you don't cover the internal flash. HOWEVER....the YS30 isn't strong enough to be used as a primary strobe. It's normally used as a fill flash to eliminate or soften shadows. Since you'll have to use the internal flash to trigger it, that can't be covered which will still produce backscatter.

It can be used with a cord (the conections are in the strobe )
but I dont know what the conections are on the PT-10

Will it work with a digital cameras pre-flash or will the pre-flash trigger it to fire prematurely?

bubble blower:
Will it work with a digital cameras pre-flash or will the pre-flash trigger it to fire prematurely?

No, it won't work with the digital pre-flash. Thanks, Bubble, I forgot about that. It will fire on the pre-flash and won't recover to flash on the second flash. The best way to use it is with a primary strobe as a fill-in for shadows. That's what I used mine for and it was great.

CD....since it won't ignore the pre-flash, unless I'm mistaken, a cord won't make a different.

Dee:
No, it won't work with the digital pre-flash. Thanks, Bubble, I forgot about that. It will fire on the pre-flash and won't recover to flash on the second flash. The best way to use it is with a primary strobe as a fill-in for shadows. That's what I used mine for and it was great.

CD....since it won't ignore the pre-flash, unless I'm mistaken, a cord won't make a different.

As I understand it if you use it with a cord the slave mode (working from another flash) is disabled.
Pre flash the instructions say in the slave mode the primary flash should be stronger than the YS30 or it will not be triggered. I know a couple of times using it with my YS 60 if the strobes were not positioned right it would not fire, but I would not trust it not to on P flash, Murphy's law says it would when you don't want it to.
If I were to use it for other than a slave I would get a cord (Ninonos 5 pin)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom