photo books

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alcina

Missing Diva.
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
has anyone had a book made from MyPublisher.com recently?

If so, can you answer a couple of questions for me?
1) Did you like the look of the finished project?
2) Did you send your photos in at 180dpi as suggested or higher?
3) Did you get double sided printing and if so, can you see through the page at all (cross images)?

Thanks!

Alcina

I just received a hardcover(leather) photo book from ofoto.com.
I really liked the look of the finished project.

Most uploaded photos were at the resolution that they recommend for 8X10s, but I didn't worry about DPI. However, some older pics were lower res and I used those on pages where I had more than one shot per page. Most pages were 1 picture on a page. The book is about 8.5"X9.5".
Yes I got double-sided and no, you cannot see through at all. The paper is quite heavy.

It turned out really well, better than I expected. People comment how good it looks and that it looks just like a real "coffee table" book. I ended up with 60 pages I think.

alcina:
has anyone had a book made from MyPublisher.com recently?

If so, can you answer a couple of questions for me?
1) Did you like the look of the finished project?
2) Did you send your photos in at 180dpi as suggested or higher?
3) Did you get double sided printing and if so, can you see through the page at all (cross images)?

Thanks!

Sorry Alcina

I meant to reply on the other board.

The one I went for was the full page, double sided. The pages are pretty solid - you can't see through them.

I suggest that you DON'T go for the full page photo, as they crop off heads and tails if your framing is tight

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom