Pelican Case Sealing Shut??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mavjax

Reaction score
I just purchased a Pelican 1520 and it has a pressure relief value. Someone told me that when you fly with this case it will release pressure during flight and then be extreamly difficult to open. The apparent solution was to close the valve. The problem is I can't see how you would close the valve?

Suggestions/comments from you other Pelican users.
Thanks.

mavjax:
I just purchased a Pelican 1520 and it has a pressure relief value. Someone told me that when you fly with this case it will release pressure during flight and then be extreamly difficult to open. The apparent solution was to close the valve. The problem is I can't see how you would close the valve?

Suggestions/comments from you other Pelican users.
Thanks.

It sounds like you have one of the newer pressure relief valves. They are automatic, so you do not need to worry or do anything. They will equalize the pressure for you.

The old valves had to be twisted open upon arrival or there was no way to open the case.

Thanks for the reply. I also got a call back form Pelican who said the same thing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom