Portugal in December

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CowtownConch

Registered
Reaction score
Hey All,

I've never dove in Portugal but will be there in December and was wondering how it is. Do you have any recommendations for diving Portugal in Decenber?

Thanks
Eric

Madeira Island and Porto Santo are good in December , water temp is About 19 to 21 Celsius. Visibility is good, and there are a few very good dives, wrecks and a "Natural Reserve".

Good Diving
BD65

December is winter - in Portugal Continental the air temperature is cold - can be 5º to 10º Celsius - but the water temperature is the same as in summer - ranges between 14º to 16º Celsius. The usual visibility is 4 to 6 meters and the lucky days you can have 15 to 20 meters visibility.

If you are lucky you can do very nice dives in winter - plenty of marine life and good visibility.

In Portugal I only dived around Lisbon (Fonte da Telha, Sesimbra and Berlengas) - I prefer to save money in order to dive in warm waters .... So I can´t talk about another places -like Madeira and Azores (2 beautiful islands)

If you want some help or someone to dive with around Lisbon sent me an email and I will be happy to help you.

badejo65:
Madeira Island and Porto Santo are good in December , water temp is About 19 to 21 Celsius. Visibility is good, and there are a few very good dives, wrecks and a "Natural Reserve".
I'll second that. Madeira is a short flight away from continental Portugal, and very nice in winter (both air and water temp). And between dives you can enjoy some of the most beautiful hiking on Earth!

Thanks to everyone for providing feedback. I look forward to spending time in Portugal this December visiting family and hopefully making a few dive trips.

Conce, I'll send you a PM shortly to follow up on your gracious offer.

Obrigado!
Eric

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom