Whidbey Area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GreyIII

Reaction score
I'm just curious how many other Whidbey Divers are posting on this board?

I'm very new to diving and am just looking to see who else is around.

My wife and I are both going to be diving but we are interested in diving with others!

I'm not too incredibly far from Whidbey Island. Don't know if your firmiliar with the Mt. Vernon/ Burlington area, but thats where I'm at!

Kayla

Oh yeah, I'm very familiar with the area. I work in La Conner and have lived here pretty much since the early 80's.

Any advice on good places to dive for newbies?

Good places for newbies are Langley Marina (while we still have it), Keystone Jetty and Coupeville Marina. Head south and get on the ferry for Mukilteo T-dock (and maybe the oil dock), Edmonds Underwater Park, Seacrest Cove 2...

Or, head to Anacortes and catch a boat dive with one of the dive charters there.

So many places, so little time.

Jeff

Jeff suggested just about everything that I was going to. The only other place I can think of it Octopus Hole. I think that I can get you directions if you're interested. We saw a huge octopus there a couple weeks ago!

Where in LaConner do you work? I have family that lives on the channel in LaConner.

Kayla

I am not from Whidby but I passed through and did a cool dive at Keystone last week.
The guy at Oak Harbor dive shop was real helpful and only charged me half what the lds I rented from the next day did for the same stuff.

Keystone had several large octos and some of the ling cod could have been big enough to ride on.

Keystone is a great dive spot! In the summer it can get pretty crowded on the weekends, and even sometimes during the winter. Most of the time in the middle of the week, there is NO ONE, and its pretty awesome! I don't think that I have ever done a dive there that I can complain about!

Kayla

diver doh:
Good places for newbies are Langley Marina (while we still have it
Jeff

Whats up with Langley? I haven't been there in years, but that's the only place on Whidbey thats worth the drive IMO.

MD

MechDiver:
Whats up with Langley? I haven't been there in years, but that's the only place on Whidbey thats worth the drive IMO.

MD

Last year they were talking about closing it because they wanted to develop the area. They were talking about moving the fishing pier somewhere else, and opening an area near the new pier for diving. It would, of course, mean the end of the tire reef.

Haven't heard anything since then ... I know there was opposition, but money usually does the talking ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

NWGratefulDiver:
Last year they were talking about closing it because they wanted to develop the area. They were talking about moving the fishing pier somewhere else, and opening an area near the new pier for diving. It would, of course, mean the end of the tire reef.

Haven't heard anything since then ... I know there was opposition, but money usually does the talking ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Moving the fishing pier to open ocean would be fine with me :wink:
Too bad about the tire reef as that's a nice place to poke around.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom