Good DVD editing software?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PeaceDog

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Does anyone know of any reasonably-priced DVD editing software? I'm looking for something that will give me total control over where to insert chapter marks and also allow me to have control over creating menus and titling.

PeaceDog:
Does anyone know of any reasonably-priced DVD editing software? I'm looking for something that will give me total control over where to insert chapter marks and also allow me to have control over creating menus and titling.

What operating system do you work with OSX (Apple) or Windoze (PC)?

If you have a Mac, you would want to look at DVD Studio Pro (www.apple.com), $499. I use DVDSP and it will do what you need and more.

If you are a PC user you'll have more options. I don't know first hand if they are better, but you can start with the very popular Sonic Solutions software, www.sonicsolutions.com. They make a variety of DVD authoring products starting as low at $50. You'll have to read up and see which product best suits your needs and budget.

Adobe recently released Encore DVD 1.5 for Windows, but I have not read up on this product either.

Happy shopping.

Roland

pinnacle studio is a good price for what you get, it works well for me

I actually have Pinnacle 8.12, but from what I can tell the software arbitrarily selects chapter marks for you, which is what I don't want. I want to be able to set them myself.

Other than that feature, I've been quite happy with Pinnacle. Until I ante up the cash and switch to Mac and go Final Cut, I think it's a great, great system for what I do.

PeaceDog:
I actually have Pinnacle 8.12, but from what I can tell the software arbitrarily selects chapter marks for you, which is what I don't want. I want to be able to set them myself.

Other than that feature, I've been quite happy with Pinnacle. Until I ante up the cash and switch to Mac and go Final Cut, I think it's a great, great system for what I do.

The Apple PowerBooks are awsome and have plenty of power for the price. Keep in mind that FINAL CUT PRO is just for editing. You can put in Chapter markers, etc, but you will still need a DVD authoring program like DVD Studio Pro.

Roland

PeaceDog:

It took me a while to figure that one but you can put the chapters anywhere. I dont have it on this pc but will have a look at home to see how i did it

KimLeece:

I am geek when it comes to this stuff.... videohelp.com (is that what they call themselves now??) is a godsend. Look, you didn't hear this from me, but you'd be best off finding a copy of Sonic ReelDVD, legitly...or not (eh, 'bout $800 - $900 USD retail). I do this semi-professionally for friends in the indie movie biz and it's the best "semi-professional" program out there. Complete authoring control. If it's not in your price range, do check out the videohelp.com.

Albion:
Doing it Rimmer

You rock, with the picture of Arnie, AKA Ace Rimmer as your avitar. Oh, I mean you're a smeg head, a total gimboid. :chicken: No seriously, I'm a smeg head myself, total Red Dwarf fan. When I eat Indian food, I have lamb vindaloo, popadons and a lager. :icosm07:

brssmnky:
You rock, with the picture of Arnie, AKA Ace Rimmer as your avitar. Oh, I mean you're a smeg head, a total gimboid. :chicken: No seriously, I'm a smeg head myself, total Red Dwarf fan. When I eat Indian food, I have lamb vindaloo, popadons and a lager. :icosm07:
I thought the little 'H' on the forehead looked so nice and DIR wannabe-esq. IE i could just see Arnold J sat at a keybopard spouting DIR drivel without having taken a course.

The best thing about the series was the fact that they did sneak the 'Smeg' word past the 'BBC' sensors and so it passed into mainstream usage, hooray for Lister

Now i have to find myself a copy of sonic reel unlegit and a place to heat up this gaspacho soup

Back
Top Bottom