1st time wanabe hunter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

t-rocks69

Registered
Reaction score
hi folks new to diveing and new to hunting..or at least interested in starting to hunt. I am in orlando florida right now for work and have sundays off..am looking for a operator or school to teach me how to spear fish as well as to rent me gear..can anyone help me find a shop or a buddy to teach me...am sick of looking at dinner swiming around and not being able to eat it!!

t-rocks69:
I am in orlando florida right now for work and have sundays off..am looking for a operator or school to teach me how to spear fish as well as to rent me gear..can anyone help me find a shop or a buddy to teach me

If you really want to learn quickly and become good fast then you need to head to the west coast by tampa and dive with Chad Carney. His results and track record are very good and he'll teach you carefully and safely. He will make the difference between you being frustrated and thinking it's a waste of time and money and becoming completely hooked.

http://www.mobilescuba.com

I am not sure about teaching but i know alot of people use sea dogs for hunting and i pretty sure they rent gear out.

thanks for the info contacted both and will see what happens..

t-rocks
Also, check out spearboard.com. All they talk about is spearfishing. Just as scubaboard.com talks about scuba. Hope that helps.

Johnoly:
If you really want to learn quickly and become good fast then you need to head to the west coast by tampa and dive with Chad Carney. His results and track record are very good and he'll teach you carefully and safely. He will make the difference between you being frustrated and thinking it's a waste of time and money and becoming completely hooked.

http://www.mobilescuba.com

I agree, Chad is a good friend of mine and will cut the learning time down for you. He is also safety conscious, and teaches the technical aspects of spearfishing well. Good luck.

I like the info you all have provided- especially the Mobile Scuba link! Thanks. I love ScubaBoard!

Buy yourself an AB Biller speargun, something in the 45 - 55" range. They are just as good as RIFFE but half the cost. A great gun to learn on. Then after you get really good and you need a quieter trigger go buy a RIFFE. Good luck and remember they look bigger with your mask on than they actually are.

thanks again everyone i went with chad this week end..had loads of fun caought some fish and learned quite a lot.. tried a few of his guns and loved eveyminute...well worth the money i spent and a great guy to learn from as well as a freindly person hope to do some more classes in the future with him,,,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom