dive fairs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tangfish

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I missed the UW Sports dive fair this past July, does anyone know of any other such fairs that I can find drysuits to try on and buy? I talked to a few people and I guess the suits (and other gear) is so much discounted that I don't want to just go buy a suit from a diveshop any other time. What about fairs in Vancouver BC or Portland? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I will be brutally honest with you about this. in all reality the prices you get at most of these sales are no greater than you can get any other time of the year if you are willing to negotiate for it.

Dui is holding their "dog days" tour and are making very good deals.

If you are going to DEMA this year you can always get a good deal there.

Just go beat up the dive shops for price and you will be fine.

funkyspelunker:
where what and when is DEMA?!

DEMA is an acronym for Dive Equipment Manufacturer's Assocation. They hold annual events each fall ... I believe the one this year is in Texas. However, it is not open to the public ... you have to be either a dive professional (DM or instructor) or an LDS employee to get in.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

DUI DOG Days are at the Orgeon Coast Aquarium on the 10-12th September 2004.

They were in Tacoma last weekend.

They had some good prices, but as Bob stated, go beat up your local dive store and give them the chance to earn your business.

The DOG Days are a good chance to try, but you can then buy from LDS.

thanks for the advice, I'll try to beat up the LDS, and the dog days might be good too cause the selection at the lds as far as trying suits on is not spectacular.

I've found that Discount Divers in Seattle has some great used and new dry suit prices. Check them out.

-R

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom