What island to dive in Hawaii?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jerryzim

Reaction score
It looks like US Airways' problems will dictate our deciding to use accumulated miles, and Hawaii seems to fit the bill. My wife and I have dived about 45 dives each, all in the Caribbean. We hope to spend time sightseeing for part of the vacation, and diving the remainder (although we'd prefer to just dive one operator/island). That said, what island and dive operation would you pick, and (of course) why? What dive sites are the most special and unique to Hawaii? Thanks in advance.

jerryzim:
It looks like US Airways' problems will dictate our deciding to use accumulated miles, and Hawaii seems to fit the bill. My wife and I have dived about 45 dives each, all in the Caribbean. We hope to spend time sightseeing for part of the vacation, and diving the remainder (although we'd prefer to just dive one operator/island). That said, what island and dive operation would you pick, and (of course) why? What dive sites are the most special and unique to Hawaii? Thanks in advance.
I live on the Big Island and Kona has great diving with easy access for shore dives. Best to call for prices on dive operators as prices can vary. I could get #'s for you if you like. There is a lot here for sightseeing also. Come over and I'd be happy to meet up with you on some shore dives.

Second the big Isle and I too would be happy to show y'all around.

If you like wreck diving, Oahu is the place to go. Take a look at this thread. This is what others have to say about and for their Islands diving and here you can see some of the beauty and look up a couple'a dining tips.

Which is the best island for shore diving? I've only been to Kauai, and saw plenty of opportunities there (sadly, it was before my scuba life, and I could only snorkel the reefs)

Well, some divers will recommend Maui, others Kauai e.g.Larry just got back from there and from what I read he had a great time I would also reccomend you take a look at the insider information thread.

lol...2 am....sometimes nature calls and I just can't fall back to sleep :wink:

I love Maui and dive most of my boat dives with B & B Scuba and find them to be the best.

Maui has wonderful shore diving. You won't find yourself bored.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom