SoCal Oil Rig Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diverjed

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Gonna be in the Long Beach area around the first of October. Intersted in getting on a charter that may take me out to one of the oil rigs in the area.

Any info?

Those are the 3 boats that I know of that do charters to the oil rigs.
The best bet for the rigs is Reefseekers , they have monthly oil rig charters on the Seabass, but I believe that their Oct. one isn't until the 30th, so doesn't do you a lot of good. Contact the boats directly, though, and see if they don't have other trips out there planned while you're in town.
Sorry I can't be more help. Good luck in getting there - the rigs are beautiful, and you're bound to see some neat stuff.

Express Divers operates "Island Time" out of Long Beach and they sometimes do rig charters. I did one with them last week, and it was REALLY cool. This isn't a part of their regular schedule, but they may have one on the books for a local group that you could tag along with. www.expressdivers.com

Back
Top Bottom