La Jolla Shores Scooter Nav Dive Sat 8/28

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ShakaZulu

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm posting this early so that all the people participating have enough time to rent scooters in time.

Agenda for Saterday 8/28 Dives:

Dive Buddies:
Roy
Sean
Ryan
Cheryl

Dive Site

Meet at La Jolla Shores around 6:30am. Gear up and navigate the Canyon using the scooters. It will be nice if there is someone on this board with us who have used these underwater Harley's before. We can plan on 1 hour battery (rated to 1.5 hours) life. Thus we can adjust our depth to maximise air/ndl limits. We should save air, since the scooters are doing the work. I'll figure it out tonight. We also want to be deep enough to follow the canyon wall, and I know we are going to dive down to 105ft where the "Secret Garden" is supposed to be.

Scooter Specs
http://www.seascooter.net/products_super.htm

PS. Date and time can be changed.........

Man, I am already slotted for a dive on Sunday or I would join ya. gotta do the family thing on Saturday. Next time for sure.

remember though, its a long swim dragging a scooter if you miscalulate battery life.....

I would think you'd also have to be careful where you aim that thing. I know they don't go real fast, but if you're not paying attention and it noses up you may be ascending faster than you want.

You are supposed to hold your computer in your hand watching it as you cruise around to avoid these exact situations. I have never done it but hope we can!
Aqua Tech has 4 scooters for 15 bucks per day with 1 hour of battery life. When I go down there tomorrow I will ask them about reservations.

Sean

ShakaZulu:
I'm posting this early so that all the people participating have enough time to rent scooters in time.

Agenda for Saterday 8/28 Dives:

Dive Buddies:
Roy
Sean

Dive Site

Meet at La Jolla Shores around 6:30am. Suit up and navigate the Canyon using the scooters. It will be nice if there is someone on this board with us who have used these things before.

PS. Date and time can be changed.........

Oh man, you had to plan this on my Birthday weekend didn't ya? the wife is taking me outa town, don't know where (Suprise) but I won't be here, how about next weekend????

Only $15 for the scooter huh?! I will have to ask wifey if she is OK with me diving Sat morning because it sounds really fun! Any idea on what the plan for the dive is yet? Any idea where you want to go or how deep? I am just asking because like Jim said I wouldn't want to point it in the wrong direction and get BENT! I don't have that fancy computer like you guys :wink:

ryanarcher:
Only $15 for the scooter huh?! I will have to ask wifey if she is OK with me diving Sat morning because it sounds really fun! Any idea on what the plan for the dive is yet? Any idea where you want to go or how deep? I am just asking because like Jim said I wouldn't want to point it in the wrong direction and get BENT! I don't have that fancy computer like you guys :wink:

Funny, at most you are doing 3mph. I would like to be strapped on the back of a Scud Missile myself, but I don't think this is going to be the same feeling.........

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom