Maui in Novemeber

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mossym

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey, my girlfriend and i are close to booking our first trip to the islands, and looking at Maui the first week in november for 6 days, half diving, half relaxing. Can any of the locals tell me what to expect with regards to the weather, will we have lie on the beach sunshine at that time of year?

Aloha Mossym
The weather is great all year round. During the winter months it is a little cooler in the evening and in the water, there is also a little more rain than the rest of the year, but apart from that is good.
Fintan

There are only two seasons here; High Sun and Low Sun.
The temp in High Sun months is 85 to 90 and in Low Sun months it's 80 to 85. November is just into the Low Sun months.
The Leeward side of the island is sunny all year round. Very little rain in the Kihei and Lahaina areas.
Ocean temp will be around 76 to 77 in Nov. as it is 80 to 81 now (August).
I have some info here about Maui scuba diving.

thanks for the info guys, first time going to hawaii, really can't wait...

Guys, one more question, or maybe a couple..:)
i've beenm looking at both Ed Robinsons and Mike Severn's dive operations to do some diving with while i'm there, i've done a good bit of diving, but my girlfriend hasn't she's just certified in the last month, in monterey cold water. and at best she'll have maybe 5 more dives before we go. From what i've read, these 2 operators cater more for the more advanced diver, should i be looking at other dive boats that might suit her better? I want to do the best diving i can, but i also want her to be comfortable and enjoy it..all opinions welcome!!

B & B Scuba is the operation I use. I'm sure the other operators would be fine also but I know that B&B has quite a few dive leaders on a boat, more than most shops. I sent a newly certified diver to them more than once and told them to be honest with the dive leaders. They were babysat in a professional manner which made them feel like they weren't babysat.

Each of these divers I sent were always allowed to do the backwall of Molokini. The water is warm, the vis is great and they were well taken care of.

Thanks Al, i don't want to upset other divers by bringing someone on the boat that isn't ready for the diving, and i don't want to take the new diver on dives they're not ready for..anyone else know if the boats i mentioned are okay for new divers?

mossym:
Thanks Al, i don't want to upset other divers by bringing someone on the boat that isn't ready for the diving, and i don't want to take the new diver on dives they're not ready for..anyone else know if the boats i mentioned are okay for new divers?

I beleive the other boats are okay with newer divers. Like Al said, just be honest with them.
Boat operators do not turn down business.

We dove with B&B last year. My daughter just got her cert a couple months before we went. The DM on B&B was great. He held my daughters hand the entire dive, both dives actually.
He kept her calm and made it a great dive. The owners and crew are all good people.

My wife and son don't dive, but they joined us on the boat and snorkeled around the dive sites.

I plan to return next June and will use B&B again.

Back
Top Bottom