Aeris Atmos 2 Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kaiser

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
I just got one of these And I got a few questions. How do I get the backlight to come on. I push the button on the right but nothing happens. The backlight comes on when the Unit get turned on but only for about 2 seconds. I also don't get the FLY or the SAT screen, but I do believe I won't get those 'til after a completed dive correct?

I agree, it's crazy to try and dive a computer without reading the manual yourself. It shouldn't be too hard to figure out and you just might learn some important features or warnings on useage. While in the middle of a dive is not the time to wonder what that little graphic means.

You can set how long the back light stays on when you press the button - either 3 seconds, 7 seconds... or not at all. Makes sure you are set for either 3 or 7, then you have to be in dive mode. Problem with the older computers, is if the button got pressed - it would backlight, and on your trip to Cayman, if it shifted in your dive bag, and hit the button - by the time the plane landed the backlight had drained the batteries - so now it only backlights in dive mode.

I agree, it's crazy to try and dive a computer without reading the manual yourself.

Well, don't You think I done read the manual, before I posted this? I went over it 3 times, so I figured somebody else that owns one of these could point me in the right direction.

scubatoys:
You can set how long the back light stays on when you press the button - either 3 seconds, 7 seconds... or not at all. Makes sure you are set for either 3 or 7, then you have to be in dive mode. Problem with the older computers, is if the button got pressed - it would backlight, and on your trip to Cayman, if it shifted in your dive bag, and hit the button - by the time the plane landed the backlight had drained the batteries - so now it only backlights in dive mode.

thank You Larry. That is sort of what I suspected, but I could not find anything on it in the manual.

Kaiser:
Well, don't You think I done read the manual, before I posted this? I went over it 3 times, so I figured somebody else that owns one of these could point me in the right direction.

Actually, I didn't. Most people who post these types of questions haven't bothered to read the manual, which is why I answered as I did. I apologize for my flip reply and I'm glad Larry answered it for you.

Kaiser:
I just got one of these And I got a few questions. How do I get the backlight to come on. I push the button on the right but nothing happens. The backlight comes on when the Unit get turned on but only for about 2 seconds. I also don't get the FLY or the SAT screen, but I do believe I won't get those 'til after a completed dive correct?

Did you buy the PC download kit as well? Does anybody own the pc download kit for this computer? Is it possible to whip up a creative download mechanism for it like the one for the Suunto? Otherwise it costs $140 or so. It is just a usb connection. Would it be possible to just stick any usb cable, like the ones used for digital cameras? Once downloaded to the pc, it should be easy to develop a software program to interpret and display the data.

Iwander:
Did you buy the PC download kit as well? Does anybody own the pc download kit for this computer? Is it possible to whip up a creative download mechanism for it like the one for the Suunto? Otherwise it costs $140 or so. It is just a usb connection. Would it be possible to just stick any usb cable, like the ones used for digital cameras? Once downloaded to the pc, it should be easy to develop a software program to interpret and display the data.

We sell the Downloader for the Atmos 2 for $75.

You can't just make a USB cable, as the cable has a chip in it - it's doing some of the translation. Perhaps to make it so people can't make their own cables... perhaps to keep the computer smaller...

But yes, we carry the cables, and the software is a free download from diveaeris.com.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom