Nikonos 105 with digitals

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Big Sky Dave

Registered
Reaction score
Now that I just bought my Nikonos set up, including 105 strobe, my wife decides she'd like a point and shoot digital camera. Are there any that would work in housings with the 105?

Big Sky Dave:
Now that I just bought my Nikonos set up, including 105 strobe, my wife decides she'd like a point and shoot digital camera. Are there any that would work in housings with the 105?

Hi Dave,

There are many digital cameras and housings that will work with your SB-105 stobe. I used to use mine with an Olympus camera (tetra housing) and now use a pair of them with my Nikon camera (titan housing).

I wouldn't call it "point and shoot" underwater, as you'll likely operate the camera in manual mode with your strobe, but you have a wide variety to choose from.

I found the housing I liked first, and bought the camera to fit the housing.

The 105's work well with any camera housing that accepts a Nikonos style sync cord. Although not quite "point and shoot" the best camera the can be P&S, but can also be shot fully in manual mode (which is highly recommended). I would recommend going with either the Olympus 5050 or the 5060 in the Light and Motion Tetra housing. I have had 4 of these housings myself (I keep upgrading) and I have sold a number of them as well, with everyone being extremely happy with the camera.

Email me with any questions, Ill be glad to help.

Mike

The SB-105 is a GREAT strobe ( I use them for me super macro stuff ) check my gallery,BUTunless you can disable the pre-flash on your camera, you will need to use it with a sync cord. Also only us the "manual" mode, and do not set it to TTL mode, as this only works with the Fuji S2 Pro digital SLR.

Chris

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom