Want to do DIR-F . . .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

squee!

Contributor
Reaction score
So I am relatively new to diving, and love it! I have been lurking through this DIR forum, and have been perusing a lot of the DIR-related websites (GUE's site in particular) and like a lot of the ideas involved (especialy the consideration for safety). One of my main problems has been getting my trim down. For some reason I think that my legs are negatively bouyant or something, they keep wanting to sink, so I end up swimming somewhat "down" a lot, which just creates more work. Part of it, I think had to do with the BC I was using, so I went ahead and purchased a hacyon BP/W system (27 Pioneer) and hope that will help some (waiting with anticipation for it to arrive). Anyway, After reading some threads on DIR-F, it seems like it would be a better Idea for me to do it sooner rather than later, but I am in Sunny Puerto Rico and am wondering if there are any DIR-F classes scheduled for anywhere near here anytime soon . . .or is my nearest option Grand Caymen with Fraser Purdon? I'd like to work out the bad habits as soon as I can :)

Sounds like a good plan. Also if anyone near you dives that kinda rig, have them help you adjust the harness webbing.

You can contact GUE and see if they wil have any classes in your neck of the woods. Or you can always fly to Florida. :)

Wendy:
Sounds like a good plan. Also if anyone near you dives that kinda rig, have them help you adjust the harness webbing.

You can contact GUE and see if they wil have any classes in your neck of the woods. Or you can always fly to Florida. :)

Actually no one around here dives that kind of rig (at least to the dive spots I have been to around the island. I've checked with many of the local shops, and no one even carries BP/W . . .I had to get it from fifthd.com.

I noticed a huge difference in my trim when I switched over to the BP/W. It was like night and day how my trim improved. Also I noticed that I was able to improve at a much faster pace with regard to my other skills. In the DIR-F class they offer a bunch of little tips to getting those legs up. I think you will get a lot out of the "center of gravity" portion of the lectures.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom