Liveaboard??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CuriousMe

Reaction score
Vacation's over, back on the ship right in time fo
Hello all,

I'm a SCUBA newbie. My contract ends mid May here and I'll have vacation till June. I'm considering a Liveaboard for a week of that vacation and have a few questions.

Question 1: Is a liveaboard something I should consider as a newbie? I certified two and a half weeks ago, have 4 dives under my belt and by the end of this contract I anticipate having close to 25. I know it's not all about numbers but I'm also I'm very comfortable when diving and have been pretty good on my air.

Question 2: If I do this....does anyone have any recommendations of some liveaboards to look at?

Thanks for all you help folks! :thumb:

Hi Curious,
One of the nicest liveaboards we've been on has to be the Cayman Aggressor. The time of the year you're going should present no problem getting over to Little Cayman. As for the diving, newbie or experianced, the sheer walls starting in as little as 18 ft. are not to be missed. Your comfort level will be greatly enhanced by a fantastic crew always willing to dive. The food was good though not cruise ship fare. This would also be a great time to consider and advanced class, no place easier! Have I mentioned that I really like this boat! We've been twice and can't wait to return. On both trips we were tagalongs the balance of the boat filled with Texans. They are now on my perferred list of people to co-habit a liveaboard. Hope this helps and have fun wherever you end up.

John

I'd love to get a friend to go along with me, but reality is that most of my non-ship friends don't dive and most of my ship friends won't be on vacation at the same time....but as long as I feel comfortable with the diving....I would consider going by myself....can you do that on a liveaboard? Is it advisable? Or do you need to bring a buddy? Are most of them double occupancy rooms?

hmmm...did I mention that I'm curious by nature :wink:

Peace,
Cathie

Originally posted by CuriousMe
I'd love to get a friend to go along with me, but reality is that most of my non-ship friends don't dive and most of my ship friends won't be on vacation at the same time....but as long as I feel comfortable with the diving....I would consider going by myself....can you do that on a liveaboard? Is it advisable? Or do you need to bring a buddy? Are most of them double occupancy rooms?

hmmm...did I mention that I'm curious by nature :wink:

Peace,
Cathie

Go for it!

Scubabear's suggestion of the Cayman Aggressor is a good one. I've been on several Aggressors in the Pacific, and they're good operators. Diving on Bloody Bay and Jackson Bay walls off Little Cayman are, IMHO, as good as it gets in the Caribbean.

Don't worry about being a single; I've been dive travelling alone for years and have always found dive travellers at good resorts and liveaboards to be decent folks, helpful fellow divers, and interesting mealtime companions.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom