Good kayak location?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sessions

Contributor
Reaction score
OK...in an attempt to get out of my "have to go out on a boat" problem....I got a 12ft dive Kayak, so i can go to some local spots, (besides catalina)....Now....anyone out there have some suggestions of some SO. cal beaches that will be Kayak friendly, but maybe some rock/reef areas that I can paddle out to?? (hopefully, not a protected area,,,I hunt).....Help! :11:

I was just at Malaga Cove today, and there were a whole bunch of kayaks out there. Malaga is just south of Torrance beach, where the beach ends and the Palos Verdes cliffs begin. My favorite beach. A big parking lot that never seems to get more than half full, and the beach never seems to get crowded. It took me about 1:15 from Upland, so tack on another 0:30 from Moreno Valley I guess. If you want directions let me know. Malaga is a popular dive spot, too.

If you are just going to dive Malaga Cove, I probably would not drag my kayak and my dive gear down the hill. The reef is only a short distance from the sand beach and even shorter if you enter over the rock shore. However, Malaga may make an easy entry point for you kayak provided you wanted to paddle to Haggerty's or the Cove.

Let me know how your kayak dive goes. I've been considering the purchase.

Roland

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom