O'ahu in Nov 2004.. diving and more

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

maggs_the

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
i've been waiting 4 years to do this trip but thats okay cause now i'm scuba certified and can get even more out of it. gonna do all the tourist things including the luau, heli tour to sacred falls, submarine tour, dolphin encounter and even shark cage experience. all that PLUS scuba? i'm just glad i didnt plan this for too far in advance cause i dont think i could stand the waiting! the plane routes i got rock (Memphis to Dallas to Honolulu and back) and get me there with daylight to spare both coming and going. maybe some day i can go back and do the relaxing vacation thing, but this time, we're gonna be exhausted (and happy) when we get back. thankfully, we come back to a three-day week (thanksgiving week).. i think we can manage to get thru :wink:
just wanted to share my excitement cause i'm just about ready to explode! i dont even care what i see cause it's only my second scuba vacation so how could i ever be disappointed? :dazzler1:

Sounds like you will have a blast! If your diving, why do the sub?..If you get time, hop to Maui and dive the shark tank without a cage. Enjoy your visit and Aloha!

Wildcard:
If your diving, why do the sub?..

that's like asking why someone would travel halfway around the world and risk their life going to see Graceland.. cause it's there :wink:
actually, i'm stoked about ALL of the events we got planned. i wanted to get on that sub long before i ever decided to learn to scuba. yeah, i know it's a touristy thing to do, but hey, i am a tourist :D
and i'm sure i'll be back and next time i can leave off all the touristy stuff and for sure get over to maui
aloha and see you soon!

wow! your excitement is exhausting. I was there last March, I hope you get a chance to see and hear the whales while diving. It is incredible. Who are you diving with, while there? Where are you staying, Waikiki beach?

A few monts ago a couple went diving with us and said that while they were diving their kids would be doing the Atlantis thing....and wouldn't it be cool if they saw us. The chances are prtty slim of that happening as we do the YO maybe 1 or 2 times a week and then Atlantis has more than one sub....Well they got really lucky and we went to the YO AND their kids were in the sub waving at them...it was very cool.

Hope to see ya while you're here!
Aloha,
Lisa

(Check out my gallery for some of the sites to see :D)

cindye:
wow! your excitement is exhausting. I was there last March, I hope you get a chance to see and hear the whales while diving. It is incredible. Who are you diving with, while there? Where are you staying, Waikiki beach?

..hehe.. yeah, i'm wondering when the tone will die down myself.. ha!
we're diving with Reef Trekkers for 3 days and yes, Waikiki Beach.. Ocean Resort Hotel. Not too upscale, but surely not too bad either. For as little time as we'll be in the hotel, it's a place to store our stuff :wink:

justleesa:
while they were diving their kids would be doing the Atlantis thing....and wouldn't it be cool if they saw us. Well they got really lucky and we went to the YO AND their kids were in the sub waving at them...it was very cool.

that is awesome! i had the fortune to dive in Epcot's Dive Quest Aquarium and my family was on the outside waving in ..well.. for a moment.. they saw me, i saw them, then the other kids pushed them out of the way and they never got close to the glass again! but it was great.
what would the chances be that i'd see scuba divers while on the sub and see the sub while scuba diving? :eyebrow:

Reef Trekkers usually uses the Kahala Kai (rent seats) for their dives and they sometimes do the YO, so you might be lucky. I would say from the times that I have been there I have seen a sub about 80%+ of the time and I guess that the chances the other way are the same. I do almost every time hear the sub. It is an electrical humming sound. One thing my SO always says : Do not touch the Sub! Do not get too close to the sub as it cannot break very well. One time a guest didn't listen and caught the sub for a ride... you can imagine that Atlantis didn't like that very much.

justleesa:
Reef Trekkers usually uses the Kahala Kai (rent seats) for their dives and they sometimes do the YO, so you might be lucky. I would say from the times that I have been there I have seen a sub about 80%+ of the time and I guess that the chances the other way are the same. I do almost every time hear the sub. It is an electrical humming sound.

You'll hear the sub way before you see it, and it is the most annoying sound - especially since you'll probably hear it the entire dive. After a while it kind of gives me that vibration-in-my-teeth feeling.

I love diving off the Kahala Kai - it's the easiest boat I've ever dived (dove?) off of. I like getting in the water from the steps - and the central covered seating area is always nice for the days that are rainy and cold.

chepar:
You'll hear the sub way before you see it, and it is the most annoying sound - especially since you'll probably hear it the entire dive. After a while it kind of gives me that vibration-in-my-teeth feeling.

I love diving off the Kahala Kai - it's the easiest boat I've ever dived (dove?) off of. I like getting in the water from the steps - and the central covered seating area is always nice for the days that are rainy and cold.

ah-HA! i didnt even think to ask, but there IS diving even if the days are rainy and cold. awesome. and c'mon, does it sound like i'm going to be put off by some lil' ol' vibration? umm.. hmm.. maybe i should go to the dentist and make sure my fillings are secure :doctor:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom