wreck diving in Puget Sound?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rachelscott51

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I've been diving a while in the Seattle area and was wondering if anyone has some good ideas for wreck diving in the area. Maybe somewhere a little off the beaten path?

I've done Edmonds, Three Tree, Alki, Day Island, and Les Davis.

Thanks,
R

I think the best wreck dive in the area is the Diamond Knot, just off of Salt Creek (West of Port Angeles) in the Straights of Juan de Fuca.

Another good wreck dive that's a little less challenging is the Possesion Point Ferry wreck, which is just off the South end of Whidbey Island. Several of our local charter operators dive both sites.

Diamond Knot

Possesion Point Ferry

boydski:
I think the best wreck dive in the area is the Diamond Knot, just off of Salt Creek (West of Port Angeles) in the Straights of Juan de Fuca.

Another good wreck dive that's a little less challenging is the Possesion Point Ferry wreck, which is just off the South end of Whidbey Island. Several of our local charter operators dive both sites.

Diamond Knot

Possesion Point Ferry
I dove Diamond Knot last weekend, was a lot of fun. Lots of life on the ship.

Adam

rachelscott51:
I've been diving a while in the Seattle area and was wondering if anyone has some good ideas for wreck diving in the area. Maybe somewhere a little off the beaten path?

Thanks,
R

R.

Sounds like Shore diving spots you have been to, do you have access to a boat?? or are you looking for Wreck Dives that you can get to from shore?

-SS

I have access to a boat in the south sound but up in Seattle I mainly go shore diving. Still, I might be able to find a friend to drive me out to a site, if there are good dives. All suggestions are appreciated.

Maury Brages is a good dive The Bandito is a dive charter that regularly goes to this site. There is always a lot of life there.

-SS

-
My advice to you would be dive the wrecks in Ninimo, its closer than you think, there are many quality dive operations in the area, and the consistantly good vis is great. The Diamond knot is great but there is a lot of variables that go into having a good safe dive there. The possession point ferry might be a great bet for you since its a short boat ride from Mulkiteo. If your intersested in the Diamond Knot, be adviced that its a good idea to go with a charter considering you might need to make your own down line, pick the right day considering currents, and have a adequte descritption of the boat prior to diving it. It looks like a huge steel pile in bad vis. Ive heard good things from Porthole charters. best of luck

rachelscott51:

Thanks,
R
Run down and talk to Randy at Starfish Diving in Seattle he'll hook you up with the local wreck info.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom