Nice Size Bug!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Johnoly

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Caught this Saturday off the east coast of florida north of Jupiter. This was my biggest bug this year. Didn't weigh it but I'd guess is came in a respectable 5-6 pounds, when the average is 2-3's down here. You can judge by my hand holding it.

For my fellow quarry divers, we call them "bugs" down here because the Maine lobsters have claws and ours don't. At first I saw the huge legs on this one and just knew it was going to be a keeper, but had to stick my arm up the hole to grab him and fight to pull him out of the rocks.

I cleared out the local grocery store of all the butter they had, If anyone has extra butter this is more tail than I can chew!! LOL!!
14785_5760_7.jpg

Didn't even need the gauge on that one, did you? That's a big'un!

I guess that bug catching lecture we went to a few years ago finally paid off.

Wendy:
I guess that bug catching lecture we went to a few years ago finally paid off.

I remember meeting you at that one!! That store is gone and the new one is smaller, go figure??

Johnoly:
I remember meeting you at that one!! That store is gone and the new one is smaller, go figure??

I didn't know that....where is the new one?

Wendy:
I didn't know that....where is the new one?

They moved it down the same street a half a block and on the opposite side. It now is an exact replica of the West Palm store. But nothing else has changed except the logo to Water World/Diver's Direct.

Haven't seen a Spiny that size in a long time! Good Job! Over here on Maui my best is about 5.5 pounds but it's been about two years since I grabbed him. We're trying to hit it again next week if the water cooperates.

Back
Top Bottom