need reg opinion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wendy

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
I'm thinking of getting the Apeks Tx-40 as my octo. I use the Tx-50 for my primary reg already. Anybody have the TX-40? Like it? Hate it? I'll take any opinion.

has been bought out by AL, I am wondering how it will fair. I have dove with the Tx-40 and they are great. Very easy to work on and to find parts for. That being said, my normal octo is a Viper, and I love my Micra primary!

Originally posted by Wendy
I'm thinking of getting the Apeks Tx-40 as my octo. I use the Tx-50 for my primary reg already. Anybody have the TX-40? Like it? Hate it? I'll take any opinion.
I have tx50s and Shane has tx40s...
The only difference is that he isn't tempted to fiddle with the adjustment knob...

Oh... and they cost less...

Wendy if you are DIR you are using helium in the mix at any depth that would increase breathing resistance so the adjustment isn't necessary....

Want to buy my tx 50s.... Just Kidding!!!! :D

Hey Wendy,

I use a tx40 as a 'backup' reg, and also have a couple on my stage bottles.

I've found them to be great regs. I like not having the adjustment knob on them, just the +/- venturi switch.

I'm using scubapro on my back gas for this season as a test/trial, but will keep the apeks on stage bottles/deco bottles. I don't think I could bear parting with them :)

I think you'll like them alot!

--patrick

Hey Wendy,

I use the TX40/DS4 for my backup. It works fine as a backup, but I like my adjustable primaries and deco regs. I've been using a TX100 primary, a TX50 before that, and I'm unpatiently waiting for my new ATX50/DS4 to show up to use as my primary. I would highly recommend the simple TX40 for a backup.

Good luck.

Mike

Apex was not bought out by Aqua Lung. SeaQuest and Aqua Lung merged (somebody bought the other one). Anyway, Apex is distributed by SeaQuest (like Viking is the dist. for Poseidon).

Wendy.....You pretty much can't go wrong with any Apex product. I use the TX-50 (actually a old Zeagle made by Apex) for my stage/deco and the TX-100s on my back gas.

Excellent products!

:yea:

My verbosity is only exceeded by my girth... wait a minute, I'm not THAT fat... but really, I would have used the word "acquired" but I have been accused of using them thar fancy shmancy words too many times. I do believe that the entire line will come "under" the AL corporation.

I just noticed that I mis-spelled the name. Its APEKS and not APEX. I guess I'm getting lazy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom