Opinions of video cameras

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

norcaldiver

Reaction score
Want to upgrade do DV. Have looked at the Cannon Elura 65/70 and the Sony DCR-HC65/85. Was wondering if anyone has either of these and can give me some feedback. Or even another brand that you think is better - in the same price range $500-$700. I'm not really concerned with effects, digital still ability, I'm more concerened with ease of use, ease of transfer to PC, abiality to ul/dl from pc to camera, battery life, does that cannon have the same LANC-type of ability as the Sony....etc.

Thanks.

norcaldiver:
Want to upgrade do DV. Have looked at the Cannon Elura 65/70....does that cannon have the same LANC-type of ability as the Sony....etc.

Thanks.

Don't think so, no LANC port mentioned(camcorderinfo.com):

Ports
The ports on the Elura 70 are elegantly hidden away. At the very front of the camcorder are the DV and S Video ports and on the front right side are the MIC, AV/Headphone, USB, and DC ports.

regards,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom