Poll on regulator service costs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scottfiji

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi,
now that I am the proud owner of a used regulator, given to me by a good friend, I need to get it serviced. My question is - what do people usually pay for labor and parts if they get their 1st stage, 2nd stage, and octopus serviced? I'm most interested in LA country prices, but I guess other counties should post also. (Please state if you cost includes tax or not).

Should I try to find the cheapest cost, or is it sort of a "you get what you pay for" thing?

If anyone wants to private message me negative comments like "don't take it here", or "this place is too expensive", I can try to tactfully summarize the feedback afterwards...

Scott

Wouldn't the make/model of your equipment affect the service costs???

ShakaZulu:
Wouldn't the make/model of your equipment affect the service costs???

I don't think it affects the labor portion of the cost at most shops. With respect to parts, if the parts aren't covered by warranty, sure, it will depend on the model, but I still think its a good idea to know what people are paying, what places are charging, who they recommend in the area, etc. Knowledge is a good thing.

This is Sport Chalet's published list for SCUBA Repair Prices.

http://www.sportchalet.com/corp/index.jsp?page=divers_scuba_prices

I think it's good to use it for comparision and negotiating good prices elsewhere.

Make sure that the shop you have work on your equipment does good work by asking for recommendations from divers that you know and trust.

Not all repair techs are created equal.

Christian

The list looks like a good reference. I pay $25 per stage in Chicago.

1st Stage, 2nd Stage, Octopus, and BC all serviced for about $100.00 with nothing covered under waranty. Less the year before when the parts were covered by warranty. I get it all done once a year, or every 100 dives which ever comes first. So far its once a year, but i working on it :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom