SO. CAL Kayak dive beach entries???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sessions

Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone know of some "friendly" kayak entry beaches, in So. Cal? I am weining myself off of Catalina, but I now have a 12ft Dive Kayak, but I have no idea of the dive sites listed, which ones would be possible to drag a kayak to??....HELP! Anywhere form San diego to Pac. Palisades. :06:

I've seen a kayaker at Old Marineland, and divers there - but a kayak diver? I just about had a hard attack just getting my dive gear down that hill and back up again; I'd hate to lug a boat around too! But maybe I'm just lazy. :)

scottfiji:
I believe I've seen people lauching a kayak from corral beach, malibu; old marineland, palos verdes, and la jolla shores (marine room). There are probably many more places, though. Sounds like fun! (I would really recommend a trip to loreto or mulege, in baja!)

Scott

La Jolla Shores, San Diego.........very easy entry.

South Crescent Bay in Laguna Beach comes to mind (I am parked here in my work van as I type this.) There is a ramp down to the beach and you can access Shaws Cove and North Crescent/Seal Rock/Deadmans and also Emerald Bay. Toilets and showers are at the bottom of the ramp too.

robertphillips5:
South Crescent Bay in Laguna Beach comes to mind (I am parked here in my work van as I type this.) There is a ramp down to the beach and you can access Shaws Cove and North Crescent/Seal Rock/Deadmans and also Emerald Bay. Toilets and showers are at the bottom of the ramp too.
...Robert....Thanks....do you know a street name, where you are talking about, i want to look it up on mappoint. Also, any info on which direction to the variuos spots you mentioned, from the launch point, would be awesome. Thanks again

sessions:
...Robert....Thanks....do you know a street name, where you are talking about, i want to look it up on mappoint. Also, any info on which direction to the variuos spots you mentioned, from the launch point, would be awesome. Thanks again
I looked it up on the dive sites and could only find North crescent?...nothing mentioned about a ramp??

sessions:
I looked it up on the dive sites and could only find North crescent?...nothing mentioned about a ramp??

Crescent Bay is located at Cliff Dr. (the northernmost Cliff Dr.) and also by parking on Circle Way (limited parking all around) on a Thomas Guide you will find it on pg 950 E2.
Shaws Cove can be accessed by heading East from Crescent Bay and Seal Rock and Emerald bay are to the West. Deadmans is a little harder to find if you have never been there before. Do a search in this forum to find various ways of locating it. The delineation between North and South Crescent is just where you access the beach. If you are coming from the north on PCH you turn right onto Cliff Dr and the ramp is located at the end of the street. You can either turn rigt onto Circle Way or left onto the continuation of Cliff Dr.

Back
Top Bottom