Anacapa...launching and dive spots??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sessions

Contributor
Reaction score
Sorry to send a repeat...but i desperatly need some info on where to launch a 26ft boat and where on Anacapa is a good spot(can you hunt).....any Anacapa savi divers...please give me what you got! :06:

I'd launch from Channel Islands harbor or Ventura harbor, we will launch from either when we do research(w/ 22 ft boats). I'm not too sure on spots, but on the north side I'm pretty sure you can hunt. I'd check for the sanctuary boundaries..

pretty much all of frontside anacappa is closed for fishing. u can launch at both channel islands and ventura, channel islands is probably closer to ana capa, our boat is docked at ventura. there are some good maps at sport chalet showing dive spots towards the esast end on backside there are some nice spots.

You can only hunt the backside, use caution, there are usually ripping currents back there. Was there last Sunday, the viz was excellent.

Back
Top Bottom