Yestreday's dive 31/8 (Jersey, UK)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chippy

Contributor
Reaction score
I haven't posted (or dived) for a while. The weather for the past month has been terrible for us here in the UK - high winds, thunderstorms, flash floods, heavy rain.

The viz last night was pretty terrible - a few feet. The sea was very cloudy, as oppoosed to the viz being bad due to lumpy plankton particles in the water. Hopefully a couple of weeks of settled weather should help to improve things.

Anyhow, the pics. All taken with the 105mm macro, single Ike DS125. All the originals taken in RAW mode.

These are the only shots I had time to edit and upload last night, so if there's any more I'll add them later.

This little critter is an Anemone Prawn that only lives on Snakelocks Anemone's. From memory, the Channel Islands are the only place in the UK that has them. This little fella was tiny, about 10mm long, and very tricky to shoot without getting the arms of the anemone in the way!

anemone-prawn2.jpg

anemone-prawn-4.jpg

anemone-prawn3.jpg

Chippy,

Good to see you back in the water and posting!!! To my mind its all about quality not quantity and your photos are about the best I have seen on here. To get photos that good from UK waters is amazing. It almost tempts this soft warm water only diver to don a drysuit and head back over to the CIs to get wet :)

Thanks for posting

Cheers Simon

It was great to get wet again, although I found it really cold after 60 mins or so, and that was with a 7mm semi dry on! Time to crack out the drysuit again I think!

Cool shots. I love the little guys you see while you are diving.

Wow....looks kinda like our Spotted Cleaner Shrimp that is usually found in Condalactys Anemones.

Hope your conditions clear up soon but I gotta say, you sure make the best of them!

wow, never seen those, looks awesome..........

Nicely done, on #3 i like the limited depth of field for a very isolated focus on the eyes and the fade of focus into the background.
Good composition.
The other two photos don't seem to want to open up...

I was starting to miss your stuff.
Awesome once again, I think the third one is the best of the bunch.

As usual very nice pics. Good job. Whish to start posting also pictures. Did not have the time to try my new equipment yet.

Hey Chippy! Been wondering where you've been! Good to hear that it was only the weather keeping you out of the water and not something else.

Fantastic pics....the colors of the first picture are so smooth and calming....

Back
Top Bottom