SouthBay/Redondo Beach Saturday Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hermosadive

Reaction score
I'm reposting this dive idea as a seperate thread as not to conflict with other Labor Day weekend dive plans.

I've proposed a Saturday dive 3-pack. We would do 1 dive in three different locations. All are a short drive from each other and close to 2 local dive shops and various watering holes (pubs). If 1 or more of you are up for doing this schedule, I be there, otherwise, I'll make different plans. These dives would probably require a time commitment of at least mid afternoon to complete. Each is unique and should provide a fun day with some exercise. Additional time needs to be allocated if you plan on doing the pub.

1) Old Marineland @ 7:30am
2) Topaz Jetty/Veterans Park
3) Malaga Cove
4) PUB, yay!

All these spots are close to each other in the Palos Verde/Redondo Beach area. Airfills are nearby at DiveNSurf or Sea d Sea.

Are you game? Don't waste space posting you "can't make it". Even if you can onlymake the first dive or 2 that would be great.

Dive in or get out!

Roland
roland"at"masstransitfilms.com

Roland,
Might be helpful if you decided on some hard times. Long Point at "X" time (I will skip it due to expected conditions the weekend, there was a strong current at the from south to north last Sunday and vis was in the 5-10 foot range). Malaga Cove at "Y" time (it should be next as it is geographically next) and then Topaz Jetty or Vets Park which ever you decide to do at "Z" time. That way, people can join you if they can't make all three. You should allow about 3 hours for each dive. That is roughly 45 minutes for site evaluation and suit up, 1.5 to 2 hours for the dive and swim out and back (depending upon air consumption) and then 15 minutes to pack it all away, and then 30 minutes to drive to the next site. You will need a SI of 1 hour or more between dives to. The swim back, the walk up the hill, packing the stuff away and the drive to the next site and suiting up wil probably cover it. You will also have to factor in air fills after the 2nd site as most people only have 2 tanks. Air fills ar a 30 minutes exercise (20 for the fill and fudge factor).

As things sometimes go, I've had a change of plans. I'm going to head down to La Jolla early Saturday morning with a group from the South Bay.

Sunday, I'm going to do the Catalina Classics through Dive N Surf. There are a few spots left on this boat still and the group is a great bunch. Give them a call if you want to go. The boat leave from San Pedro.

Monday I'm still going to try and join the Laguna dive. Sorry for starting this thread and then putting the breaks on it. There's so much going on, I figured it was best to join in and leave my plans for another day.

Roland

hermosadive:
Sorry for starting this thread and then putting the breaks on it. There's so much going on, I figured it was best to join in and leave my plans for another day.

Roland

In your best Jack Benny voice. Well....... I guess I will just have to do a Sandeaters e-mail list dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom