Nikon 70-180mm & Aquatica

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chippy

Contributor
Reaction score
I hope someone on her might be able to help

I tried to setup my 70-180mm last night, but I'm totally confused on how the gears/port extension and lens support are put together.

Firstly I put both gears on the lens and attached it to the camera (in the housing) and then put the extension ring on. I presume that the lens support is then velcro'd in, but I can't see how, as there is very little room to get it past the focus gear and the inside of the extension ring.

Do I connect the lens to the camera with just the zoom gear on, then add port extension, then the support and then the focus gear?

Or does the lens support go onto the extension ring before I attach it to the housing?

I'm totally confused

Thanks for any help!

Big lenses are always a pain in the butt to set up. Aquatica is not very good about documentation. I have the 200 mm and I install the support in the extension. put the extension on the housing then mount the lens. But of course I only have one gear to deal with.

Anyway, If you do not get an answer here, you may try posting the question on wetpixel. I know several folks there have the Aquatica and the 70-180.

Cheers Chris.

I tried with limited success last night. It seems that the little support is a little bit too "high" though, so I've left it off for now. It seems to be ok, so I'm off for a dive in a hour to give it a try!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom