Sherwood Wisdom

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ckm

Reaction score
Hi,

This is my first post and my question concerns dive computers. In the poll, no one mentioned the Sherwood Wisdom, which I thought was one of the top-of-the-line computers. What is the general feeling about this one? Is it too liberal?

Thanks

ckm:
Hi,

This is my first post and my question concerns dive computers. In the poll, no one mentioned the Sherwood Wisdom, which I thought was one of the top-of-the-line computers. What is the general feeling about this one? Is it too liberal?

Thanks

I use the Wisdom and live it... uh, love it, but maybe that's an appropriate typo. I dive with other people who have it and really like it, too. :smilepong

As far as liberal, just because a compuer says you can stay 40 minutes... you don't have to. You can always come up earlier if you want to be more conservative - but I've been diving their algos for years - even into light deco, with no problems.

We have had a few fail - but not many, and Sherwood replaces them for us no problem, so in that unlikely case, we ship out a new one instatntly, then get the problem fixed with sherwood.

Of course for that matter, I've seen every type of computer fail, whether it was an Uwatec, Suunto, or a Dell!

Really, over all - with the abuse these things take - it's kinda amazing how dependable they are!

Just picked one up actually. It is really easy to use from a user standpoint, and from what i have read, it is more aggressive than many suunto computers, but are on par with the oceanic series of comp.. (similar software). Cant wait to get it in the water.

I have one and I really like it. It's made diving even more enjoyable for me. I don't think it is too "liberal," although Suunto is definitely more "conservative."

My son tried mine a time or two, and ended getting one for himself.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom