Western Clown Anemonefish from Anilao, The Philippines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Marriard

Contributor
Reaction score
Starting in on some of the images I took while in Anilao, The Philippines in early August.

Here are some classic Clown Anemonefish (in this case the Western Species - Amphiprion ocellaris). This species of Clown Anemonefish is often called the False Clownfish as Amphiprion percula is normally considerd the 'true' Clownfish. It is sometimes impossible to tell these two species apart, and normally identification is based on location rather than visual identifiers.

22004_0805_213118AA_1.jpg

22004_0805_213045AA_1.jpg

22004_0805_213022AA_1.jpg

These fish are challenging to light due to the bright contrasts in the body colors and often around the eyes. My current method (which seems to be working alright) is to correctly light the white banding and then let the other colors in the fish and anemone fall where they may.

Enjoy,
M

I see you found Nemo! those are nice pictures thanks

Great stuff!

exposure is right on!

My biggest challenge is exposing the face on most types anemone fish

Very nice.

Joe

Nice photos and lesson on Clowns.

I had a pair of Amphiprion ocellaris in one of my tanks for several years. One of my favorite fish. We got them as juvies.

Here is a good read on Clowns if you are interested in them:

http://www.marinedepot.com/md_viewItem.asp?idproduct=BKCF&ast=&key=

I love the whole Female / Male / Juvenile thing of clowns. Almost as facinating as the whole shrimp changing sex thing.

Mark

Nice pics.

very nice photos... thanks for the tips

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom