Knife for Hunting

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

grouchyturtle

Contributor
Reaction score
I currently carry just a very small blunt tip knife.

I'm starting to get into hunting and thinking about getting a drop point, just for hunting.

What would be a good size to get?

Any slender knife with a sharp point will do for braining fish. The one I prefer is the Wenoka Blackie Collins titanium knife. The shape and size is perfect. It's titanium so it will never rust. The sheath is great. Best of all it's only 29$ from leisurpro.com which is a sponsor of this site! Check it out.

I've been using the same knife as above :) works well for putting the fish down. I've used it several times to take Flounder off the bottom when I didn't have a pole spear with me :wink:

I would recommend the knife that Riffe produces, it comes with different straps that can be put on the leg or forearm. Has an exellent bungie lanyard so you can still use two hands, and half of the blade is specially constructed for cutting the wire/cord that attaches to your spear shaft in case of entaglement. And it looks really cool, best of luck

Back
Top Bottom