Is Irvine slipping up?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lal7176:
Chickdiver is part of the WKPP and has a her exhaust valve mounted to the right shoulder. If i remember right it had some to do with scootering maybe. Maybe you can pm her for the reason.

That is correct. It has to do with her body position when scootering, where her right shoulder is often the highest point.

Chickdiver prefers her dump valve on the right shoulder because of how it dumps for her when she's scootering. Pug prefers on the right forearm [I think] for how it dumps in the ways he dives.

In other words... it's not that important.

Spectre:
Pug prefers on the right forearm [I think] for how it dumps in the ways he dives.

In other words... it's not that important.
Not that it matters: that would be port forearm... I prefer port/starboard since I get left/right mixed up. :D

Uncle Pug:
Not that it matters: that would be port forearm... I prefer port/starboard since I get left/right mixed up. :D

Oops. I ment port, but I had just woken up [damn pain meds]. I was picturing the port side, just not typing it. Pug == port. Chickdiver == Starboard.

Actually.... Most WKPP divers who get custom suits have the dump valve installed on the right shoulder- for scootering (no need to come off the trigger to dump- that is the high point anyway). For those lucky enough to be able to wear a stock suit off the shelf (Trey is one), the dump will be on the left shoulder, since that is the standard placement. I really prefer it on the righ because of scootering, but if you don't scooter it probably doesn't make any difference.

Interesting I never had a problem dumping while scootering. (Oh I need to get a scooter BTW). My valve is on the left, is really never closed and I only have enough air in the suit to save the skin and other areas :censored:

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom