Longnose Hawkfish from Anilao, The Philippines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Marriard

Contributor
Reaction score
Amongst a large sea fan at Mainet Point near Anilao in The Philippines, there were two Longnose Hawkfish. I spent about 20 minutes hoping to get them both in frame for a shot, but no such luck. Maybe next time.

Still, 20 minutes produced a few nice images - I am quite fond of the one below.

22004_0807_140243AA_1.jpg

60mm, F16, 1/90, Dual Inon Strobes, ASA100

For some reason people love these fish and get very excited about getting their photo. Anyone know why? They don't appear to be that rare, are not that hard to find, not that unusual looking, and not that difficult to photograph?

Maybe I am missing something - if I am, let me know.

M

Marriard:
Amongst a large sea fan at Mainet Point near Anilao in The Philippines, there were two Longnose Hawkfish. I spent about 20 minutes hoping to get them both in frame for a shot, but no such luck. Maybe next time.

Still, 20 minutes produced a few nice images - I am quite fond of the one below.

60mm, F16, 1/90, Dual Inon Strobes, ASA100

For some reason people love these fish and get very excited about getting their photo. Anyone know why? They don't appear to be that rare, are not that hard to find, not that unusual looking, and not that difficult to photograph?

Maybe I am missing something - if I am, let me know.

M

Not that unusual looking? Come on, gotta be in the top 10 cool fish on the planet. It is wearing plaid for gods sake :eyebrow:

mweitz:
Not that unusual looking? Come on, gotta be in the top 10 cool fish on the planet. It is wearing plaid for gods sake :eyebrow:

I would be more impressed if were wearing a Kilt! :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom