Out of the game for a bit....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mo2vation

Relocated to South Florida....
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Broke my leg this weekend fishing. They put in a big ol' titanium rod, and I should be off my feet for a couple of weeks, and back in the water in 4 - 6 weeks - if everything goes well.

I'll spare you the details - but just remember Trout Fishing is a full contact sport (!) I stepped on a small patch of ice on a foot bridge, and my legs spun one way, my body spun the other and SNAP.

So I'm in rehab for the next several weeks - diving through all of you...

More soon.

Ken

Ah man I'm sure that leg will feel real good if you do any ice dives... I can still feel the screws in my knee when I go on winter trips... Good luck on your rehab...

Where were you fishing when this happened?

Nasty X-Rays. Ouch. Nice to live in a time of medical advances.

Hopes for a speedy recovery.

Tobin

Ken, those look painful! hope you mend quick and without much pain. Rehab is &^%#*# but better than the alternative. I can sometimes still feel the pins and plate on my foot when diving cold water..... hope you won't.

You have to quit those dangerous sports and stick to diving :)

Here is a kiss to make it all better :10: . But people aren't going to buy that "I did it while fishing' story. You should say the trapeze fell from the ceiling and you hit your leg on the head board of the bed. Sounds better. And then people won't be like, how did you do that. When I had dislocated my elboy slamming a door shut, no one beleived me and I kept getting folks asking, well how did it happen exactly, so when I said it was a sex injury they didn't want to know anymore than that.

Get well soon sweetie!

Ouch.. sorry to hear it Ken. Hope it heals well...

Where were you fishing with ice on Labor Day... someplace high country....?

As Howie Meeker would say.... "Gee Bob, that's gotta hurt."

Ummm, how much weight can you take off your belt because of the rod?

:eyebrow:

(Get well soon...)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom