"X's Drive Pro" storage unit has a problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gilligan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
item.jpg

I purchased an X's Drive Pro for an upcoming trip. It is a simple and inexpensive device that accomodates a notebook hard drive. It will allow me to download my photos to it so as to free up my camera memory cards.

A friend who has been using one discovered a problem with it that results in a dead battery when you go to use the device.

The problem is described HERE

I'm glad Mr. Gadget found away to fix it!

I was seriously thinking about getting one of those for my Roatan trip but I've decided that since we'll be there for two weeks, it would be worth taking my laptop.

Aqua Ho:
OR just buy a hard case for it!
Where did you get yours at?

Today I sent the mfg. an e mail informing them of the problem. I haven't installed the switch on mine yet. I may ask them to take it back for one of their other models. This one appears to be their only one with that type of off/on switch.

I bought mine and the HD for it from iocombo.com
The device was 99.95 and is here
The 20 GIG HD was 75.95 and is here

Gilligan, how is iocombo.com to deal with?

You know what drives me nuts, the laptop HD costs almost as much as I paid for a 200 gig HD for a desktop machine.

MikeC:
Gilligan, how is iocombo.com to deal with?

They were good to deal with. They shipped right away. My computer guru friend who discovered the problem bought from them and referred me to them. Their price was good on the X's Drive.

Back
Top Bottom