Need to find a dive boat/ private or commercial for some film tests this weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shoupart

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hey,
I'm working a small independent short film involving scuba diving and weare trying to do some film tests this weekend. We need a boat to dive off of that can carry four or five divers from the afternoon into the night (so we can shoot some night footage).
It doesn't have to be a huge boat, but enough to have room to do our stuff. If you- or anybody you know- might be interested in helping out, please contact me and let me know what's available. We're planning to do this on Saturday or Sunday- but it hinges on the boat's availability.
Thanks!
-Jason

I work in the film business makeing TV commercials. I am also a scuba diver. On the few occasions I have had to do water shots we worked with:

Marine Coordinator Michael Brady 310.589.1114 818.438.3801

He is really great. Access to all types of boats from 8 feet to 80 feet. Knows the area really well. (he is from Malibu I belive) And he and his buddies I belive are County Life Guards, As well as avid scuba divers.

Hope the above helps. And how come your shooting film. Video Baby Video.

Try calling William Hall @ Cinema Safety Services: http://cinemasafety.com/contact.htm He makes his living as a marine coordinator and EMT so he probably won't do it for free. He has a few hardbottom inflatables and other boats so give him a call and discuss your budget. You can tell him I sent you, we work together sometimes.

Roland

shoupart:
Hey,
I'm working a small independent short film involving scuba diving and weare trying to do some film tests this weekend. We need a boat to dive off of that can carry four or five divers from the afternoon into the night (so we can shoot some night footage).
It doesn't have to be a huge boat, but enough to have room to do our stuff. If you- or anybody you know- might be interested in helping out, please contact me and let me know what's available. We're planning to do this on Saturday or Sunday- but it hinges on the boat's availability.
Thanks!
-Jason

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom