Just back from Maui. Two great dives!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

changinlat

Registered
Reaction score
We just returned from our wedding and honeymoon on Maui. We dove two days - Thursday, 9/3 with Extended Horizons and Friday, 9/4 with ProDiver Maui (which apparently has been purchased by Maui Ultradive and Watersports, or something similar.)

Chris and the gang at Extended Horizon's were great. Marty was our DM and she led us on two great dives. The second was through Cathedrals II, which was an awesome experience.

Friday with ProDiver at Molokini was equally great. Don, Larry and Jeff were all great hosts on that wonderful ProDiver boat. I've never been more comfortable on a dive boat. I hope they continue to limit the trips to 6 - 8 divers. We dove the west tip of the crater, then the backwall. Several eels, black tip sharks and a manta ray were there to greet us. I even caught a glimpse of what appeared to be a couple of sizeable white tip sharks a couple of dozen feet below us. Now I really wish I were a photographer. Best of all, they really let us dive our computers and our air.

Both of these operators gave very thorough pre-dive briefings and equipment checks. We felt completely safe at all times. You can't go wrong with either of these operators.

I love diving Molokini backwall, glad you enjoyed yourself. I'm jealous.

changinlat:
.....and Friday, 9/4 with ProDiver Maui (which apparently has been purchased by Maui Ultradive and Watersports, or something similar.).....
Bummer.

Pierre, the previous owner of ProDiver Maui, was one of those individuals whose love of diving really showed through, and he was my favorite DM on Maui. Unfortunately, all those years of constant exposure to the sun had caused several skin problems that forced him to sell the biz.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom