Laguna Beach Accomodations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

heymonkey

Reaction score
Hey SoCal divers,

I usually visit La Jolla or Catalina for shore diving, but would like to check out some of the Laguna Beach area dive sites on a future visit (driving out from AZ). Does anyone have any suggestions for accomodations with reasonable room-rates? diver-friendly? Any travel tips for Laguna Beach would be great. As long as the room is clean and secure I'm happy. Nothing fancy required.

I appreciate your help!

Thanks!

heymonkey:
Hey SoCal divers,

I usually visit La Jolla or Catalina for shore diving, but would like to check out some of the Laguna Beach area dive sites on a future visit (driving out from AZ). Does anyone have any suggestions for accomodations with reasonable room-rates? diver-friendly? Any travel tips for Laguna Beach would be great. As long as the room is clean and secure I'm happy. Nothing fancy required.

I appreciate your help!

Thanks!
There's quite a few motels spread across Laguna, plus a few B&B's and nicer places. I've stayed at the Laguna Brisas Spa Hotel, right on Coast Hwy and they have a jacuzzi tub in every room. I think they run about $120 a night which isn't bad for Laguna. Here's a link with a nice summary of hotels by price category: http://www.lagunabeach.com/hotels.html. Now that summer is over rates are likely to drop.
Happy travels,
Kevin

You could also stay in El Toro, San Juan, Dana Point, or a number of other cities and be within 20 minutes drive to any Laguna dive site. Even San Clemente is close by.
I love Laguna, just suggesting some alternatives if those don't work out for you!

Sean

Although I just live an hour from Laguna, we've gone down and checked into a motel for a weekend several times this year so that my wife can paint and I can dive.

We've stayed at a place called By the Sea Inn on N. Coast Highway:

http://www.bytheseainn.com/index2.htm

I wouldn't say it's the be-all-end-all as far as lodging goes, but it has the benefit of being (a) reasonably priced, and (b) within walking distance of several dive spots (Shaw's Cove/Divers' Cove/Picnic Beach) as well as a dive shop (Laguna Sea Sports).

:bfish:
scubacalifornia:
There's quite a few motels spread across Laguna, plus a few B&B's and nicer places. I've stayed at the Laguna Brisas Spa Hotel, right on Coast Hwy and they have a jacuzzi tub in every room. I think they run about $120 a night which isn't bad for Laguna. Here's a link with a nice summary of hotels by price category: http://www.lagunabeach.com/hotels.html. Now that summer is over rates are likely to drop.
Happy travels,
Kevin

Hey Kevin,

Scratching my head here, how come you were staying down off of Coast Hwy when you live in the area??? Teehee...

Just teasin' ya! ROTFLOL

Diver_Jan:

Hey Kevin,

Scratching my head here, how come you were staying down off of Coast Hwy when you live in the area??? Teehee...

Just teasin' ya! ROTFLOL

Hmmmm, let's see, I'll try to keep it G-rated and spare you the gory details Jan. Let's just say the wife and I had an opportunity to stash the kids with my parents for the evening, and we had some catching up to do. And Laguna is just such a nice place to be, diving or not. Back then I didn't dive. Today, I would probably have to hide some scuba gear in the trunk, romantic getaway or not. Terrible, isn't it?
K

Diver_Jan:

Hey Kevin,

Just teasin' ya! ROTFLOL

Probably cause he had a friend that wanted to use the Spa :eyebrow:

Back
Top Bottom