Diving San Diego Sat 9/11 - Now What??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ShakaZulu

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Ok scuba dewds/babes, any ideas here???? Wrinkles is coming down here....... I would like to make this a 911 dive with funds donated going to the victums/firemen on behalf of Scuba Board Socal divers (not sure how to do this yet).

Agenda for Saterday 9/11 Dives:

Dive Buddies:
Roy (aka ShakaZulu)
Ana (aka Wrinkles)
Sam (aka Sam_In_SanDiego)
Ryan (aka RyanArcher)
Sean (aka DivebuddySean)

Tide Info
LT - 2:29am +0.0
HT- 8:56am +4.6
LT - 2:05pm +2.1
HT - 805pm +6.1

Proposed Dive Site (This can be changed, please add comments)
Tank 1 - South Casa 6:30am, I dove this site before, and it's best to do this in calm sea's. The surge can really mess up the viz and I'd suggest we enter at the lifeguard station if we decide to do this dive. This will be an adventure dive, it's not an easy dive and we have to play with the currents, getting in and out.

http://www.shorediving.com/Earth/USA_West/CalS/South_Casa/index.htm

Tank 2 - Alligator Head, heading towards the Rock Pile. Exploring the West end of Alligator head is also a possibility, exiting at Boomers.

http://www.shorediving.com/Earth/USA_West/CalS/La_Jolla_Cove/index.htm

We can all park at the Cove and one of us can be the taxi and drive all the gear to South Casa Life Guard tower and back. They have showers there too btw.

Sorry......School just started for me so I have been busy setting up stuff for class.....

I will be in there this weekend. I got my hotel booked. I will dive where ever you guys want to. You locals know the area much better than I do. I liked where you guys took me last time I wouldnt mind going there again. I think I booked a hotel near that spot.

So count me in on your list Shaka.

I would really like to dedicate this dive to the 911 victums/firemen. Maybe we can take a picture of us and donate it to a charity with some money. I'd donate a $100.00 for this cause. Let us SoCal scuba dewds/babes do something good. Does anyone know the procedure for something like this???

I'd be in for a Sat dive also - Ana won't be here until mid morning I don't think - so what about a South Casa dive early morning and a second dive with Ana at Alligator Head (where she went last time) or the Rock Pile (another place she went last time)?

I am really looking to get us out to South Casa since we never have been...I went a few years ago and it was a great dive.

ryanarcher:
I'd be in for a Sat dive also - Ana won't be here until mid morning I don't think - so what about a South Casa dive early morning and a second dive with Ana at Alligator Head (where she went last time) or the Rock Pile (another place she went last time)?

I am really looking to get us out to South Casa since we never have been...I went a few years ago and it was a great dive.

She told me she will be here early..........let's see when she checks in.

Where is Sean???

Thanks for the link Roy! I am planning on doing a dive Friday evening (6pm or so) but I can make it. Especially if it is early. I think Ana would like the Rockpile for the 2nd dive. Ryan and I were there last evening; we had a great dive!! It's a kick out but well worth the effort I think. I'm in!

btw I found my mask in my boat diving bag. Thanks for the callback Roy!

Sean

Looks like we have a pretty nice plan forming!!! on another note I finally took my video setup out and it works great! I might take it on the Alegator head poortion of our show (casa is to far of a kick to drag that thing)

Great now I cant concentrate on work :wink:

So, are we all in for an adventure dive to South Casa and then the Rockpile. How about meeting around 6:30am, in the water by 7:00am. We can leave our cars at the cove and have one person drive the gear to South Casa............

Back
Top Bottom