White Shark caught in santa monica bay...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scottfiji:
A White Shark was caught in Santa Monica Bay today around noon, about 6 miles from shore...5ft long, 94 pounds...just a baby...

OK, well happy diving this weekend!

Scott
Damn that's a small white... If anyone sees some pictures of this catch on a news site post em please...

I thought GWs were protected...did they release back?

They are protected. I recall last year they caught one off the pier (Redondo I think), life guards posed for photos with the shark and the angler that caught it. Angler was finded by DFG, and claimed he thought it was a different species. DFG was not impressed.

by-catch sounds so innocent.

scottfiji:
They also killed around 100 spiny dogfish sharks today. So they could be dissected by a class. Yeah, that's just in 1 day. Maybe that's why I never see them on dives.

What a waste :(

Scott,
How aboout posting the source of your information? From what you are saying it appears they were out to gather disceting specimins for a school. What school was the receipent of this rape of the ocean? I feel a letter writing campaign to a school comming on.

pasley:
Scott,
How aboout posting the source of your information? From what you are saying it appears they were out to gather disceting specimins for a school. What school was the receipent of this rape of the ocean? I feel a letter writing campaign to a school comming on.

If this truely is what it sounds like, it sucks!

I'm warming up my pen now!

Back
Top Bottom