Grey Market Tusa?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thxlogan

New
Reaction score
I purchased a Tusa IQ-700 on-line. It came with an instruction manual in English, but no warranty/registration card. The instruction manual is stamped on the inside cover with a code that matches a similar code stamped on the outside of the box, which also matches a serial number on the underside of the Computer.

The seller said they were an authorized dealer but I couldn't confirm that information on the Tusa web site. To be fair, the Tusa web site looks like it is really out of date (it doesn't even list the IQ-700 as one of its products).

I've read other posts on this board that say getting a computer from an on-line purchase that does not come with a manual is a dead give away of a grey market sale, but is there any other way I can tell if I purchased a grey market computer?

I've had no problems dealing with the seller and I have no reason to suspect the seller of anything underhanded (I haven't even gotten the computer wet yet), I'm just trying to alleviate my own paranoia.

The seller is not LP.

Thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom