Dive Buddy in Hilo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ryt

Registered
Reaction score
I go to UH Hilo and have completed 9 dives thus far, I am OW certified and looking for a dive buddy for mostly shore-diving in the immediate area (leleiwi, richardsons) for conservitive dives int he 50 foot range (possibly getting deeper as I get more experience). I am fully equiped. I would like to do one dive a week but any amount would be ok. Just wondering if anyone out there was available. Also - I do not have a car, so normally now I just take taxis to dive (they always look at me funny with all my gear). Although I am ok in doing this having someone with a car to give me a quick ride to the spot would be nice too :), I could of course chip in for gas, etc.

Always glad to help out a starving student. When do ya want to go?

well, I still have one piece of equipment I want to go out and get this weekend, so next weekend would be best for me. Or maybe sometime during the week woudl also be fine, in the afternoon (might be better cause of crowds).

I work mon-thurs. Weekends soon will be wide open again. I finish up a six night a week class in a few days. I have been fighting a cold for almost two weeks so Im ever so ready to get back in the water....Been looking for someone who knows a few spots on the Hilo side...PM me and Id be happy to hook up for some divin!...What are you going to school for?

ryt:
I go to UH Hilo and have completed 9 dives thus far, I am OW certified and looking for a dive buddy for mostly shore-diving in the immediate area (leleiwi, richardsons) for conservitive dives int he 50 foot range (possibly getting deeper as I get more experience). I am fully equiped. I would like to do one dive a week but any amount would be ok. Just wondering if anyone out there was available. Also - I do not have a car, so normally now I just take taxis to dive (they always look at me funny with all my gear). Although I am ok in doing this having someone with a car to give me a quick ride to the spot would be nice too :), I could of course chip in for gas, etc.
Aloha-though I'm not in Hawaii right now,I put in close to 2000 dives there-all over the island in some of the most out of the way places.I even rode my bike (with equipment strapped on) to some of the sites near Hilo-and there is some great diving on that side-if you can get in and out of the water.See my thread later on on this Hawaii site.Contact me for more info.Also,would you say hi to Don Hemmes Phd. for me at the botany dept(I grad 1976). Aloha and great diving....Russ England MD Saildivers@hotmail.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom